Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas, Ph.D.
My name is Ronan, and I am currently a Space Systems Engineer with the Brazilian National Institute for Space Research (INPE) . My research areas of interest are:
- Artificial intelligence applied to space systems;
- Mission analysis;
- Attitude and orbit control subsystem (AOCS);
- Celestial mechanics;
- Trajectory planning.
- Kalman filtering;
- Extended Kalman filtering;
- Unscented Kalman filtering;
- Particle filtering;
- Maximum likelihood estimate;
- Distributed estimation.
- Navigation algorithms;
- INS aiding using non-inertial sensors (GPS / Magnetometer / Camera / etc.);
- State-error model observability analysis;
- Nonlinear filtering techniques for aerospace applications.
In my spare time, I regularly contribute to the Julia language ecosystem by maintaining some packages such as ReferenceFrameRotations.jl , SatelliteToolbox.jl , and PrettyTables.jl .